As with most things annual RTRFMs Radiothon is again upon us. Running from Friday August 19 to Sunday August 28 it’s the time of year when our favourite independent radio station asks you to rummage around your pockets for a little coin.
This year the team approached us at Cut & Paste to assist them in producing a television commercial to run along with this years them… Get on Board.
Shot over a few glorious Perth weekends here’s what we put together…
Below is the low down on Radiothon 2011:
2011 Radiothon – Get on Board kicks off with with a live broadcast of Breakfast with Barr at 78 Records, kicking off from 6am start including guest appearances, live music, homemade cupcakes and coffee.
The Opening Party: The party will continue with the Radiothon Opening Party at The Bakery on Saturday 20 August, 8pm – Late. On the bill is Naik, Community Collab Band, Carl Fox and Drop Macumba! Plus DJ’s from Underground Sound Solution Crew, Cut & Paste Sound System, Ben M, Sibalance and Jade Nobbs. Live performance of Aerial Silks and from the WA Ballet. We have also included for the first time ever – a special Radiothon Photo Booth!
The Closing Party: Radiothon will end with a great night out at The Rosemount Hotel on Saturday 27 August, 7pm- Late, with Emperors, The Leap Year, smRts, TheAutumn Isles, Hang On St Christopher, Minute 36, Goodnight Tiger, Gulls, Louis Inglis, Seven Weapons and DJs Shannon Fox, Jamie MacDonald, Chris Wheeldon and Ryan Sandilands
Did you know…
- In 2011 RTRFM won the Western Australian Music Industry Media Award for contribution to Western Australian music.
- RTRFM presenters are volunteers from all walks of life who dedicate their spare time to share their passion for music, art and ideas with the listening community 24hrs a day, seven days a week.
- RTRFM does not receive government funding
- RTRFM produces over 50 weekly shows to an audience of over 100,000 weekly and over 350,000 a year.
Four ways to Get on Board…
1. Link the RTRFM Radiothon TV ad on YouTube or Facebook
2. Post your support on the RTRFM Radiothon blog
3. Trend RTRFM Radiothon on twitter #getonboard
5. Subscribe and encourage your friends to subscribe!